18th Annual SA Fall Men’s Retreat
Theme: First Things First
Friday Nov. 2 thru Sunday Nov. 4, 2018
Mt. Cross Lutheran Camp
7795 Highway 9
Ben Lomond, CA 95005
“In SA recovery, I find these three program mottoes help me to carry healthy perspectives. “First Things First” reminds me of what really matters in my life: recovery. I cannot experience spiritual and emotional health unless I am sober. Sobriety is the doorway to serenity, and I place it as my top priority every day.”
Three Mottoes: (1) First Things First, (2) Live n Let Live, and (3) Easy Does It (per the AA Big Book, p. 135).
Am I Responsible ?
Some of us aren’t lucky enough to be able to go to meetings when they need or want to. They are in prison … or elsewhere. They have limited contact with the “shared experience” of recovery and hope that our Fellowship offers through its meetings. As such, when anyone, anywhere reaches out for help, we want the hand of S.A. always to be there. For that, I am responsible.
The purpose for the weekend retreat is to create the fellowship we crave and to put into action the twelve steps to spiritual progress. No matter what Step you are working on, you will find help and encouragement. We absolutely insist on enJOYing life, so plan on having a great and memorable weekend in the redwoods.
Note: *If you need funding assistance, please see your Home Group for sponsorship and check box ‘C’ below.*
The Fall Men’s Retreat opens Friday (2 Nov 18) at 3PM — with the first meeting starting at 8PM after the Friday evening BBQ.
The retreat ends on Sunday (4 Nov 18) at noon.
The cost of the retreat includes:
- Friday BBQ Dinner and fellowship from 3PM to 7:30PM.
- Lodging on Friday and Saturday nights in lodges and dormitories with shared bathrooms.
- Saturday Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner.
- Sunday Meal: Breakfast
- Facilities for volleyball, hiking, mountain biking, and basketball court.
- Fire ring for singing, story telling, and lots of fun.
What to bring:
- Sleeping bag or linens, pillow, towel, soap and personal items.
- Shoes and clothing for hiking and sports. Bring warm clothes for cool weather.
- Writing materials and program literature (White Book, Big Book, 12×12, etc.)
- Sports equipment.
- Musical instruments.
- Honesty, Open-mindedness, and Willingness (HOW).